Sunday, September 20, 2009

Well I have been trying to figure out how I can reduce the furniture needed for my art 'stuff ' and how I can have a piece of furniture that could be out in the open in my lounge room or where visitors can easily see. At the moment I have a small wardrobe, a computer desk, books everywhere and a fold-up table all in one corner of the lounge. So I looked at some ideas and came up with this variation on a Victorian writing desk. I just have to decide on how to support the flip down lid for when I am drawing on it....I love the idea that I can close it and hide it all away!! Plus the large flat drawers on the bottom that will take a full sheet of W/C paper, so I can store new paper and finished images. Now I just have to work out when I can get it made, or if I will change the design yet again...............any ideas will be welcomed !


Am starting to do some flowers, not my strong suit, for a winter swap on Wet Canvas. It is coming into summer here, so I really don't feel like doing the cold stuff, besides it doesn't snow where I am in Queensland. In Australia we do have a large number of plants that flower in winter though, and here is a Brachyscome in coloured pencil...........am hoping tha ove the length of this swap my prowees with the flowers in CP will improve.




2 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

You may have to end up making your own art desk. Wabbit/Julie did. I don't think hers closes tho. Even if mine closed, it would never be closed. We don't have that much company so doesn't bother me. just bothers Bill.

"Sue N" said...

I will have to see what wabbit made for hers. I love seeing what other people have in their studio space.