Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As the weather has been cooling down the arguments about the bedcovers have begun - Maggie likes to get under the covers and just go to sleep, but Buster has to toss them about till they cover his head just right and he is comfy..........lets in all the cold air and she tells him so, in no uncertain terms! I think I will have to dig out the sewing machine and run up a couple of snuggle sacks for them........one for each to climb inside of..........I hope that might stop the arguments.

Once the rain settles and my rapidly rising moat ebbs away I will go fabric hunting. We have had about 12 inches in the last 2 days and its still raining (thankfully it is easing a bit). But I know that the front of my drive will have the start of a Grand Canyon carved into it................the 4 wheel drive comes in handy out here!

Unfortunately dachshunds (expecially mine) believe that they are made of sugar............if they go out in the rain they will dissolve! I need a crow bar to prise them out of the blankets to go out and do the necessaries of life. They believe that if they set foot outside the backdoor the rain will find a way to get them, even if they are on the concrete and under a roof ! So the battle of winter begins !

3 comments:

oliverandjazz said...

Sue if that is not the cutest pic...just beautiful..they sound sooo adorable..I just love dogs.and that is just how my yorkie acts in the winter!

"JeanneG" said...

My doxie used to go out and tiptoe in the rainy grass. You could actually see she was doing that. And she would get her feet off the concrete and then squat. If the front was off, she assumed the back was off. And she tossed the covers till they were just right also. Unless she could get to the bed and then the whole body followed the nose to the foot of the bed. There she stayed until morning. They sure don't like to be cold.

"JeanneG" said...

It's funny that both their ears are flopped open.